Pani Puri is an Indian snack, enjoyed by millions of people on the streets and in restaurants.
Is comes in variations of taste and people love having them when they are shopping, as in between snack.
Pani puri is small balls made of Maida and semolina. They are rolled out into small poories and then deep-fried until they have a crisp and golden brown colour.
But in the time of the pandemic, we have learned that anything can be made at home. Yes, it requires extra efforts, but nothing is much better than a clean hygienic and nutritious snack.
We have got you a simple Pani Puri recipe which you can make at home easily and requires only 30-40 minutes to get it ready.
Pani Puri Recipe:
- ½ tbsp. maida (all-purpose flour)
- 2 tbsps. urad dal flour
- 1¼ cups ravva or semolina or sooji (very fine variety)
- salt to taste
- water for kneading (bottled soda water preferred)
- oil for deep frying
1- Combine all the ingredients, (except for oil that is going to be used for deep frying.
2- Add water slowly and gradually to make a dough, Once you knead it into a dough keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
While the dough is resting:
3- (i) Prepare the water required for the pani puri. (recipe provided below) (ii) Boil two potatoes, peel and mash. Combine the mashed potato with little salt and red chilli powder and keep aside for later use.
4- Knead the dough again and make small round balls of the dough. Roll them out using a rolling pin; Make sure they are thin small rotis.
5- Heat enough oil for deep frying in a kadhai, once the oil is hot, put rotis in the oil for deep frying one by one. Press them a little till you see them puffing. Flip and fry on the other side.
6- Once golden brown, take it out and repeat for other rotis as well.
7- Store them in air tight container for later use.
Note: Ensure that the Oil is hot enough before frying the puri, Otherwise it will end up absorbing a lot of oil.
Pani (Water recipe) of the Pani Puri:
- 6-7 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup packed pudina leaves
- 1 green chilli
- small piece ginger
- 1 tbsp. amchur powder
- ½ tsp. chaat masala powder
- ¼ tsp. cumin powder
- pinch of black salt (optional)
- fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
Steps for Pani Puri Water:
- Make a paste of green chillies, ginger and mint leaves.
- Into a vessel add cold water and then add the paste, Mix well.
- Then add chaat masala, Cumin Powder, Amchur powder, Black salt and salt to taste.
Assembling the Pani puri:
- Take a puri and with light pressure gently press the top of the puri till it cracks open a little.
- Stuff it with mashed potato, Chopped onions, sweet chutney and add mint water into the puri.
- Stuff the whole pani puri in one go, you will have a blast of different flavours in your mouth.
So you can easily make Pani Puri Recipe. You can check your more recipes.