In Indian culture, Samosas are considered to be a lip-smacking snack. Be it birthday parties, wedding functions or any other happy occasion serving samosas is the simplest and yummiest way to celebrate those moments.
But the question is how to make samosa? Keeping it simple yet tasty we have got you this recipe.
Samosa is the best adopted snack worldwide because it is full of flavors and its spiciness can be controlled according to your taste. Different cultures have adopted different ways of making its filling and despite all that it still continues to be the most mouthwatering snack worldwide.
Also, samosa is a versatile snack; you can use a variety of filling in it like potatoes, paneer, meat etc. It will add proteins as well as vitamin A to the snack.
But many of us consider that a samosa recipe is the most time consuming and difficult to follow, well these opinions are false because we are about to share the easiest homemade samosa recipe. Even if you are a beginner and want to try your hands in this easiest samosa recipe well then you can’t go wrong with this recipe. So keeping the samosa recipe simple and answering the question of how to make samosa, let’s see the nutrition that it gives:
Samosa is a dough preparation made with refined wheat flour and 20-25% fat rubbed into the flour before making the dough. Fat shortens the gluten strands in the dough which helps to make the product tender but crisp.
Let’s start with the recipe of:
SAMOSA FILLING (USING PATATO)
|Coriander leaves||A Few|
|Red chilli powder||¼ t|
|Garam masala||¼ t|
- Boil and peel potatoes, cut into small pieces.
- Boil and shell peas.
- Chop ginger, green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Heat fat in a pan. Fry jeera, ginger, green chilli, coriander leaves.
- Add seasonings, potatoes, and peas and fry for some time. (10-15 mins)
- Use for filling in the samosa.
|Water||To make a stiff dough|
|Filling||As given in the recipe|
- Sift the flour, add salt and rub in the oil with fingertips
- Use water to make a stiff dough. Cover it and leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare the filling as given in the recipe above
- Take one ball and roll into a thin chapatti
- Cut it into two halves
- Shape each half into a cone and put the filling, close the edges of the cone firmly by using water.
- Deep fry samosa in heated fat over a slow fire till golden brown
- Serve hot with chutney/dip/tomato sauce.
This, right here, is the easiest, tasty, hassle-free and best samosa recipe you will ever come across. Do try it.
Let us know your thoughts about this somosa recipe in the comments below