Today Momos are being eaten world-wide. It was a long time back that MOMOS was considered a street food but in this day and date, there is nothing that can’t be made at home. You may be from any part of the world we all share a mutual love for momos and this is what Brings us More close, FOOD in short.
That having being said, being aware of the street food consequences we all have taken the extra effort to make our favorite dishes at home and MOMOS is one of them.
Momos recipe is the easiest to make at home. It requires very little preparation and with practice, you will hardly need 30 minutes to get them ready.
WE have the perfect Homemade MOMOS RECIPE for you, you can make your improvisations and add our healthy ingredients and let’s admit it they are way more delicious than those we get on the streets.
So let’s get started with the HOMEMADE MOMOS RECIPE:
Momos have a variety when it comes to stuffing, It has veg stuffing, chicken stuffing, soya stuffing, paneer stuffing, fish stuffing etc.
The easiest stuffing is of the VEG momos (You can make it a chicken stuffing by adding minced/chopped chicken into the veg stuffing).
Let’s start with the ingredients of momos recipe:
- For Dough- All-purpose flour(Maida)-1 cup(130 gm)
- Salt-1/2 tsp.
- Cooking oil-1 tsp.
FOR STUFFING :
- For Stuffing- Cabbage(grated)-100 gm
- Green chilli-2
- Garlic clove(chopped)-4
- Spring onion-1/3 cup
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper-1/3 tsp
- Soy sauce-1 tsp
- Cooking oil-1 tsp
- Take Maida into a large bowl, add salt and oil to the Maida and mix them thoroughly mix it well using your fingers.
- Once it is mixed start kneading the dough by adding water accordingly (avoiding adding water in one go, keep adding little by little as needed). Make this into a dough. Make sure that the dough is not too soft.
- Keep a nonstick pan on the gas and wait for it to heat up. Once it is heated add 1 tbsp. of oil, wait for the oil to get hot and then add garlic cloves and green chilli. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add onions and sauté for 2 mins, add carrots and cabbage and sauté for 2-3- mins. (Make sure you do not over cooks as these are the stuffing of momos, and we do not want the raw taste of the vegetables when we are just sautéing them) .
- Add spring onions at last cook for 1 minute and remove it from the flame.
- Wait for this mixture to cool down to the room temperature.
- Once the mixture has cooled down add salt to it (remember that we have also added salt in the Maida Dough) so make sure to add salt accordingly.
- Add black pepper powder to the mixture and at last 1tsp soya sauce.
- Mix everything well and make sure everything blends with the mixture properly. (If we use salt before, the mixture will start getting water and hence it will get difficult to stuff the vegetables)
- Remove the mixture from the pan into a bowl.
- Take a rice cooker/Idli maker utensil or any kadhai available at your home and add 1-litre water to it and bring it to boil.
- While the water gets boiled :
- Take the dough and break it into small balls, roll them out neatly into a round shape using a rolling pin (make sure that you roll it out in the thinnest layer possible)
- Fill the centre of these circles with the stuffing
- Once done use some water on the sides of the dough.
- After that start making small folds on the inside using your thumb and your forefinger, bring the folds to the centre and seal with water.
- Once the water has boiled Take Steamer utensil, Grease it a little with Oil so that the momos do not stick to the steamer.
- Place the steamer into the Rice cooker/Idli maker/ Kadhai.
- Add momos to the steamer making sure that they are not placed too close to each other and there is a little gap between them.
- Cover the steamer with the lid and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid after 15 minutes, check if they are steamed properly if not let cook for 5 more minutes.
And your Homemade, delicious and nutritious momos are Ready. You can pair these up with mayonnaise, chutney, Tomato Ketchup, chilli sauce or any type of sauce you want.
You can check out more recipes .